"We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"
- Backing For Hendy’s Status Of Workers Bill
- South Korean Union Leader Ambushed and Arrested By Police.
- GMB Union and Uber commit to end the exploitation of Â 200,000 drivers
- Labour demands answers on Truss human & workers rights â€˜simplificationsâ€™
- In the middle of a pandemic, ministers plan to tie up unions in more red tape
Category Archives: UK Employment Rights
On June 10th The United States Trade Representative Katherine Tai participated in an AFL-CIO ‘town hall’ to lay out her vision for a worker-centered trade policy that supports the Biden-Harris Administrationâ€™s Build Back Better agenda. Â In her remarks, Ambassador Tai … Continue reading
Employers will no longer be able to get away with mistreating employees who take part in union-organised workplace disputes following an important legal decision yesterday, says UNISON. UK law had previously prevented employers from sacking staff involved in strike action … Continue reading
Uber will formally recognise GMB, which will now be able to represent up to 70,000 Uber drivers across the UK GMB union and Uber have today announced a groundbreaking trade union recognition deal. Under the collective bargaining agreement, the trade … Continue reading
By Carolyn Jones, Director of the Institute of Employment Rights Politicians are always keen to tell us what people talk to them about on the doorstep. During elections, politicians are also keen to use those doorsteps to promise voters they … Continue reading