"We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"
- Backing For Hendy’s Status Of Workers Bill
- South Korean Union Leader Ambushed and Arrested By Police.
- GMB Union and Uber commit to end the exploitation of Â 200,000 drivers
- Labour demands answers on Truss human & workers rights âsimplificationsâ
- In the middle of a pandemic, ministers plan to tie up unions in more red tape
Author Archives: admin
Unite, isÂ supporting a new parliamentary bill to be debated in the House of Lords on 10th September that would give âall rights to all workers from day oneâ. Lord John Hendy QCâs Status of Workers Bill addresses a critical issue … Continue reading
The President of the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions YANG, Kyeung Soo was arrested at 6:09am on September 1st in a surprise ambush involving police squadrons in riot suppression gear and fire trucks surrounding the confederation headquarters at 5:00 am … Continue reading
GMB General Secretary, and Uberâs Jamie Heywood, have met following the ground-breaking trade union recognition deal. Under the deal â struck in May – Uber will formally recognise GMB, which will now be able to represent up to 70,000 Uber … Continue reading
Labourâs Shadow International Trade Secretary, Emily Thornberry MP, responding to the Governmentâs consultation paper on a new system of trade preferences for developing countries, said: âA maximum of 19 countries will see a reduction in tariffs as a result of … Continue reading