Monday, November 2nd
Rally in Central Hall, Westminster, London
Start: 1:00pm Lobby your M.P. from 2.30pm
(You may need to make an appointment with your MP)
The site will identify the party of your Member of Parliament:
- With recorded strikes at a historic low, what is the real purpose of the Trade Union Bill?
- How will allowing for the recruitment of agency labour during an industrial dispute improve an already tense situation?
- It is unprecedented that a governing party would use its parliamentary majority to legislate to cut off funding for the opposition party, is this not anti-democratic?
- Given the police do not wish to be given any new powers, why is the Government pressing ahead with the proposals for identifiable â€śpicket supervisorsâ€ť who must show a â€śletter of authorityâ€ť to almost anybody who asks seem draconian and could lead to a new round of â€śblacklistingâ€ť?
- Why is the Government refusing to accept secret, supervised workplace ballots and electronic balloting for union members taking part in industrial action ballots?